NTCIR-8 Patent Translation Task
- Translation Subtask
- The task definition is almost the same as that for NTCIR-7 Patent Translation Task.
- Participants are requested to machine translate sentences and claims extracted from patent documents in Japanese (English) into English (Japanese).
- Japanese-English sentence alignments and patent documents in 1993-2007 are available for training purposes.
- Evaluation Subtask
- The purpose is to explore automatic evaluation methods for MT.
- Retrieval Subtask
- The purpose is almost the same as NTCIR-5 (invalidity search task).
- Participants are requested to search patent documents in 1993-2002 for the patents that can invalidate the demand in an existing claim.
- Although search topics are in English, target documents are in Japanese.
- Search topics are the same as the topics for the extrinsic evaluation in the Translation Subtask.
- Although participants for the "Retrieval Subtask" are allow to use their own Cross-lingual IR systems, MT results submitted by participants in the "Translation Subtask" are also available, so that you can participate in the Retrieval Subtask even by a monolingual IR system.
Please see this PDF file: schedule.pdf
Schedule has been changed since December 14, 2009
- Atsushi Fujii (Tokyo Institute of Technology, Japan)
- Mikio Yamamoto (University of Tsukuba, Japan)
- Takehito Utsuro (University of Tsukuba, Japan)
- Masao Utiyama (NICT, Japan)
- Terumasa Ehara (Yamanashi Eiwa College, Japan)
- Hiroshi Echizen-ya (Hokkai-Gakuen University, Japan)
- Sayori Shimohata (Oki Electric Industry Co., Ltd., Japan)
Registration form is available at the official page of NTCIR-8:
Last modified on December 14, 2009