The 5th Workshop on Asian Language Resources
Jeju Island, Korea
October 14, 2005
Last modified: Wed Jun 1 14:39:21 2005
The deadline for paper submission has been extended. New deadline is
See the schedule section below for more detail.
The 5th workshop on Asian Language Resources is organized under the
auspices of the Asian Language Resources Committee of AFNLP and will
be held in conjunction with IJCNLP2005. The purposes of this workshop
We welcome papers concerning, but are not limited to the following
- To investigate the situation of Asian Language Resources, and
to make a catalog of the result of this investigation
- To investigate and discuss the problems related to the
standards and specification on creating various levels of
- To promote communications between developers and users of
various language resources in order to fill the gap between
language resources and practical applications
- To launch a roadmap for Asian Language Resources
- Infrastructure for constructing and sharing language resources
- Meta data for resource classification and discovery
- Exchange and annotation schemata
- Exchange formats
- Standards or specifications for language resources
- Standards or specifications for content management
- Language resources for basic NLP tasks (word segmentation,
named entity recognition, syntactic analysis, semantic
analysis, discourse analysis, etc.)
- Language Resources for HLT applications, such as information
retrieval, information extraction, question answering, machine
- Text corpora
- Machine-readable dictionaries
- Strategies and priorities for EU-US and Asian cooperation
Submissions should follow the guidelines of IJCNLP-05 workshop style
and should not exceed eight (8) pages including references. We
strongly recommend the use of the LaTeX style files or Word style
files provided by IJCNLP-05. The files and the detailed description of
the format are available at the following site.
Since the reviewing process will be blind, the papers should not
include the authors' names and affiliations. Furthermore,
self-references that reveal the author's identity should be avoided.
All papers must be submitted electronically via e-mail to ZHAO Jun (firstname.lastname@example.org)
by May 30, 2005. PDF (preferred), PostScript or MS Word files are
acceptable. In the body of the submission e-mail, please include the
following information: title, name(s) of author(s), affiliation(s),
e-mail address of the contact person. Confirmation of the receipt of
the submission will be sent to the contact person by email.
- Bo Xu (chair) - Chinese Academy of Sciences
- Chu-Ren Huang (co-chair) - Acdemia Sinica
- Takenobu Tokunaga (co-chair) - Tokyo Institute of Technology
- Jun Zhao (co-chair) - Chinese Academy of Sciences
- Nicoletta Calzolari - Istituto di Linguistica Computazionale del CNR
- Baobao Chang - Peking University
- Shuichi Itahashi - National Institute of Advanced Industrial Science and Technology
- Donghong Ji - Institute for Inforcomm Research Singapore
- Kiyong Lee - Korea University
- Qin Lu - Polytechnique University of Hong Kong
- Nguyen Thi Minh Huyen - Hanoi University of Sciences
- Hae-Chang Rim - Korea University
- Kiyoaki Shirai - Japan Advanced Institute of Science and Technology
- Ha Shun - Inner Mongolia University
- Virach Sornlertlamvanich - Thai Computational Linguistics Laboratory, NICT
- Maosong Sun - Tsinghua University
- Jane Tsay - Chung-Cheng University
- Hsiao-chuan Wang - Tsing Hua Unversity
- Elizabeth Zeitoun - Academia Sinica
|Paper submission due
||June 6, 2005 (Closed)
|Notification of acceptance
||July 6, 2005 (Closed)
|Camera-ready papers due
||August 5, 2005 (Closed)
||October 14, 2005 (Done)
Ramada Plaza Jeju, Jeju Island, Korea.
- 8:30-9:00 Registration
- 9:10-9:50 Keynote Speech
- From Writing Systems to Ontology: A New Perspective for Asian Language
- Domain Knowledge Engineering Based on Encyclopedias and the
Web Text Sui, Z., Cui, G., Ding, W.,Zhang, Q.
- Evaluation of a Japanese CFG Derived from aSyntactically
Annotated Corpus with Respect to Dependency Measures
Noro, T., Koike, C., Hashimoto, T., Tokunaga,T., Tanaka, H.
- Corpus-oriented Acquisition of Chinese
Zhang, Y., Kashioka, H.
- The Standard of Chinese Corpus Metadata
He, T., Xu, X.
- An Integrated Framework for Archiving,Processing and
Developing Learning Materials for an Endangered Aboriginal Language
Yang, M., Rau, D. V. n
- Construction of Structurally Annotated Spoken Dialogue
Kato, S., Matsubara, S.,Yamaguchi, Y.
- Cross-lingual Conversion of Lexical Semantic
Relations: Building Parallel Wordnets
Huang, C., Su, I., Hong, J.,Li, X.
- Taiwan Child Language Corpus: Data Collection
Tsay, J. S.
- Question Classification using Multiple
Li, X., Huang, X., Wu, L.
- Harvesting the Bitexts of the Laws of Hong Kong From the
Web Kit, C., Liu, X., Sin, K.,Webster, J.J.
- Symposium:Asian language resources: Infrastructure towards a
multilingual language processing environment in Asia
Coordinator: Y. Mikami
- 16:50-17:00 Closing
PDF file (3MB)